SAN BERNARDINO – San Bernardino County Firefighters responded to a vegetation fire in the 900 block of East Santa Fe in the City of San Bernardino officials said.
On Saturday, July 31, 2016, just after 6:30 San Bernardino County Fire Department and Loma Linda Fire Department firefighters responded to the fire. As firefighters approached the area of the fire, they reported a column of smoke that could be seen from miles away, throughout the San Bernardino Valley.
Upon arrival just minutes following the report the first units arrived on-scene to find an outbuilding, vehicles, tires and debris burning. Although the crews on scene experienced high heat, and multiple exposures the fire was knocked down within around an hour, fire officials said. A Hazardous Materials Tech arrived on scene to check for hazardous materials.
The San Bernardino County Fire Department Glen Helen Inmate crew assisted with the clean up, fire officials said. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident, the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Victorville Man Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography - Wednesday, January 13th, 2021
- Partial Human Remains Located in a Bag near Rosamond - Sunday, January 10th, 2021
- Fontana Man Arrested for Downloading and Distributing Child Pornography - Thursday, January 7th, 2021
- SBCO Fire Dept.: SBCO Fire Dept.
- San Bernardino Commercial Fire: SBCO Fire Dept.