At around 10:30 p.m. the Riverside Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 1300 block of Arthur Avenue. When they arrived they found a garage fire that was already extinguished by the resident who used a garden hose. Although the fire was out, the structure was full of smoke and firefighters helped ventilate the residence. While at the home, firefighters also checked for extension into other areas of the home.
Upon inspection, the firefighters noticed that there were no working smoke detectors in the home. Two smoke detectors were given to residents of the home.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Although there was an approximate $50,000 loss, most of the home was saved and the home remained habitable. The cause of the fire was believed to be caused by clothing lying over a flood light in the garage.
For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Los Angeles County Facebook group and/or our Inland Empire Facebook group. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter!
- Hesperia Man, 24, Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography - Monday, November 2nd, 2020
- Upland Man Arrested for the Distribution of Child Pornography - Thursday, October 15th, 2020
- Pennsylvania Baby Dead After Being Raped by Her Father - Thursday, October 8th, 2020