FULLERTON, Calif. – A rape was reported to the Campus Security Authority at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF).
The victim told authorities that the rape took place at around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, in the main campus housing complex. It is unconfirmed if the victim was a student. No description of the suspect is available at this time and it is unknown if the suspect was known to the victim.
Campus administration said that all students need to understand affirmative consent in regards to any type of sexual activity. This means that all parties involved are able to make an informed, affirmative, and conscious decision to engage in mutually agreed upon sexual activity. “ A person is incapacitated ifs/he lacks the physical and/or mental ability to make informed, rational judgments,” CSUF officials said. “Sexual intercourse with a minor is never consensual when the victim is under 18 years old because the victim is considered incapable of giving legal affirmative consent due to age.”
All members of the campus community play an important role in ensuring a safe campus environment. Please report all crimes and any suspicious persons or behavior to the University Police at (657) 278-2515. In case of an emergency, always dial 911.
Anyone in need of additional support are encouraged to contact any of the following:
• WoMen’s Center/Confidential Victim Advocate- (657) 278-3928
• Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)/Confidential Counseling- (657) 278-3040
• Title IX Office – (657) 278-2121
• University Police Department for on-campus safety escort- (657) 278-2515
• Housing Business Hours- (657) 278-2168; after hours- (714) 681-6918• Rape, Aggression & Defense (RAD)-http://police.fullerton.edu/rad/
- Hesperia Man Killed in Rancho Cucamonga Shooting - Tuesday, December 7th, 2021
- Two Adelanto Residents Arrested for Robbing Shell Gas Station - Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
- Hesperia Man Arrested for Possession and Distribution of Child Pornography - Thursday, November 11th, 2021