Several salads made by Archer Farms for Target stores have been recalled due to the possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
The voluntary recall affects Archer Farms-brand egg salad; Freskëtbrand egg salad, tuna salad, and Thai lobster salad; and Archer Farms-brand deviled egg sandwiches produced on June 18, 2019. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail, elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy people suffer from high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
It is believed that 1,087 cases of product have been directly shipped to retailer warehouses throughout the United States. No one has reported illness as a result of consumption of the product. The containers have the “use by” dates stated below printed on the side of each container and the lot number stated for each product on the side or the lid (see attached pictures). This recall applies only to the products with the lot numbers and “use by” dates stated below.
- Archer Farms-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 12-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042A, Use By 12AUG2019 (printed on the side of each container) UPC 085239018682, distributed nationwide
- Freskët-brand Egg Salad packaged in a 32-ounce clear, square plastic container, Lot Number W1906042, Use By 12AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Tuna Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906054, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container
- Freskët-brand Thai Lobster Salad packaged in a 5-pound white, round plastic container, Lot Number W1906041, Use By 02AUG2019A (printed on the side of each container)
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich Half Sandwich with Bacon, UPC 220505000002, distributed nationwide
- Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwich on Multigrain, UPC 498780203566, distributed nationwide
The problem was identified through routine testing of the products. Three containers of the affected egg salad were sampled and tested by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Product safety and consumer confidence is of utmost importance to Elevation Foods and its customers. Consumers who have purchased any of the recalled products listed above are urged to immediately return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call 866-761-9566 at any time.
- Meeting Arranged to Stop Child Rapist’s Move to Newberry Springs - Tuesday, July 27th, 2021
- Victorville Woman Arrested for Hit and Run Collision that Killed Hemet Teacher - Tuesday, July 27th, 2021
- Suspect of Dunkin’ Donuts Robbery and Carjacking Remains Unidentified - Monday, July 26th, 2021