The FDA announced this week that Townsend Farms Inc. has recalled Kirkland Signature Three Berry Blend, sold in Costco stores.
The recall of the products with the Best By Dates between February 16, 2020 and May 4, 2020, are being recalled out of an abundance of caution the company says. A recent FDA test indicated that frozen blackberry product manufactured by the company may be contaminated with Hepatitis A. These products were sold in Costco stores and were only sold in stores in San Diego, Los Angeles, and in Hawaii.
No product manufactured for Costco by Townsend Farms has tested positive for Hepatitis A. Costco has no product in its current inventory. Costco has been notifying its members about the potential health risk.
This Notice affects the following product:
KIRKLAND SIGNATURE THREE BERRY BLEND, 4 lb bag —
Best By codes located in the white box on the back of the Product bag:
- FEB1620,(A),(B),(C),(D),(E),(F),(G), or (H);
- FEB1820,(A),(B),(C),or (D);
- FEB2920,(A),(B),(C),or (D);
- MAR0120,(A),(B),(C),or (D);
- APR1920,(B),(C), or (D);
- APR2020(A),(B),(C),(D),(E), or (F);
- APR2720(A),(B),(C),(D),(E),(F),(G), or (H);
- APR2820(A),(B),(C),(D),(E),(F),(G), or (H);
- MAY0220(A),(B),(C),(D),(E),(F),(G), or (H);
- MAY0420 (H).
No illness related to any product manufactured by Townsend Farms Inc. have been reported. Members who have purchased the above product should not consume it. Instead, photograph the product bag for your records, dispose of the product and contact your local Costco for a full refund.
Hepatitis A is a contagious liver disease that results from exposure to the Hepatitis A virus, including from food. It can range from a mild illness lasting a few weeks to a serious illness lasting several months. Illness generally occurs within 15 to 50 days of exposure and includes fatigue, abdominal pain, jaundice, abnormal liver tests, dark urine and pale stool. Hepatitis A vaccination can prevent illness if given within two weeks of exposure to a contaminated food. In rare cases, particularly consumers who have a pre-existing severe illness or are immune compromised, Hepatitis A infection can progress to liver failure. Persons who may have consumed affected product should consult with their health care professional or local health department to determine if a vaccination is appropriate, and consumers with symptoms of Hepatitis A should contact their health care professionals or the local health department immediately.
Costco members who have questions should contact Townsend Farms, Inc., customer service representatives at 877-244- 0947 or by email at TownsendFarms4283@stericycle.com.
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- FDA Approves of Alternative Devices to Treat COVID-19 During Ventilator Shortage - Thursday, March 26th, 2020
- Rancho Cucamonga Detectives Are Asking Public’s Help to ID Credit Card Thieves - Thursday, March 26th, 2020
- Los Angeles County Inmate Tests Positive for COVID-19 - Wednesday, March 25th, 2020