Frito-Lay issued a voluntary recall on select Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips and Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips due to possible Salmonella in the seasoning. These products were distributed to retail stores, via foodservice, and vending machines throughout the United States.
Salmonella infection can cause serious or fatal illness in kids, frail, or elderly people. It can also be dangerous to those with weakened immune systems. A healthy person may experience fever, diarrhea, which may contain blood, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
A supplier for Frito-Lay, who supplies the jalapeno powder seasoning blend recalled the which may contain Salmonella. No Salmonella was found in the product supplied to Frito-Lay and no illness related to the matter has been confirmed to date. Out of an abundance of caution the product was recalled.
The specific recalled product information is listed below:
- All sizes of the following two products that have a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior printed on the front upper panel of the package:
- Jalapeño Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- Jalapeño Flavored Miss Vickie’s Kettle Cooked potato chips
- All of the following multipack offerings that have a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior printed on the multipack package. In addition, a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior is printed on the front upper panel of the individual recalled product packages inside each multipack offering. Any other products or flavors contained in these multipacks are not being recalled.
- 12 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Sack
- 20 count Frito-Lay Bold Mix Sack
- 30 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Tray
- 30 count Lay’s Kettle Cooked Multipack Tray
- 32 count Miss Vickie’s Multipack Box
No other flavors of Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips or Miss Vickie’s potato chips are impacted or being recalled. Jalapeño Cheddar Flavored Lay’s Kettle Cooked 40% Less Fat potato chips are not impacted or being recalled.
Consumers who have purchased these recalled products are advised not to consume them. Frito-Lay is working with the FDA on this recall to ensure the recalled products are removed from store shelves and are no longer distributed.
Consumers can contact Frito-Lay Consumer Relations at 866-272-9393 for additional information from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Representative product images can be found at fritolay.com. For product reimbursement, consumers can visit www.jalapenochiprecall.com.
- Hesperia Man Killed in Rancho Cucamonga Shooting - Tuesday, December 7th, 2021
- Two Adelanto Residents Arrested for Robbing Shell Gas Station - Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
- Hesperia Man Arrested for Possession and Distribution of Child Pornography - Thursday, November 11th, 2021
- Frito-Lay-Chip-Recall: Images provided by FDA