ADELANTO – Those in the Victor Valley area are in for a treat with upcoming festivities in the City of Adelanto. The holiday season was kicked off on November 29th with the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony.
Those familiar with the Christmas parade in the City of Adelanto will be sure to attend the 14th Annual Christmas parade coming Saturday, December 8th beginning at 10:00 a.m. This year the parade will have 46 entries that will be sure to entertain you with the route beginning at the corner of Seneca and Aster and ending at Desert Trails Elementary School on Bellflower. The Grand Marshal this year will be former NFL player Turk McBride.
In addition, the Handlebars for Christmas Giveaway.” will offer 29 new donated bicycles that will be presented to lucky Adelanto School District students. In order to be entered to win students would need to receive a “Golden Ticket” each day they brought in a canned or boxed food for donation. Food items collected and will be used to support Adelanto food banks at High Desert Outreach, Adelanto Community Resource Center and Kicks Kafe. These bikes will be presented at the final 2018 City Council meeting which will be held on December 12th.
The final city council meeting of the year will also be a celebration of the City of Adelanto’s 48th Anniversary, which is December 22nd. The newly elected Mayor Gabriel Reyes will be sworn in along with the newly elected council members Gerardo Hernandez and Steveonna Evans.
Residents are reminded that city offices will be closed in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays. Starting Monday, Christmas Eve on December 24, all city offices will remain closed until Monday, January 7, 2019. However, Public Works, Building & Safety, Animal Control will maintain their on-call protocol.
- Incoming calls to City Hall will hear the holiday schedule and emergency contact information, and signs will be posted on the doors of City Hall and on the City’s website.
- To hear the holiday schedule and emergency contact information please call Cty Hall at (760) 246-2300.
Because of the holiday closures, the City Council meeting scheduled for Wednesday, December 26 has been canceled.
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Family Needs Help Locating Missing Lancaster Man - Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
- Apple Valley Woman Seeking Owner of Item Her Dog Stole - Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
- Mother Arrested for Making Her Children Watch Her Boil Puppies to Death - Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
- City of Adelanto: 24/7 Headline News File