POMONA – A 46-year-old La Verne woman pleaded no contest to felony grand theft last week at the Pomona Superior Court, the California Department of Insurance (CDI) officials said. Sanny Cazares, who worked out of a La Verne office was reported in September 2014 from a business owner who said that Cazares sold her a general liability business insurance policy for $1,960.
The business owner soon learned that Cazares did not remit the premium to the insurance company. This fraudulent activity left her business exposed for around three months. Through investigation, the CDI found evidence to support her allegations.
“Cazares’ theft left this business owner at great financial risk,” said Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones. “Dishonest agents and brokers who scam their clients will be pursued by my office.”
Cazares surrendered her insurance license the day of sentencing.“Under the plea deal, Cazares has agreed to pay $1,960 in restitution, serve three years of formal probation and serve 120 days of community service”, officials said.
- Pomona Man Arrested After Crashing into a Wall at the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station - Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
- Norwalk Deputies Are Attempting to Locate Fatal Hit and Run Suspect - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Cypress Man Arrested for Child Rape and Torturing Multiple Children - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- 2014 Facebook Post: Facebook
- Screenshot-2016-07-18-16.27.24: Facebook Image