Over 800,000 gas station swivel connectors are part of a voluntary recall after they were found to be at risk of separation causing potential fuel spillage, fire, and explosion hazards.
The recall involves metal swivel connectors made in Taiwan and distributed by OPW, of Hamilton, Ohio that are installed between the nozzle and the hose of a gas station pump. These are used on pumps that dispense refined fuels including gasoline, diesel, ethanol blends, and biodiesel blends. Only two reports were received stating that the swivel connectors separated from the hose or nozzle. No injuries were reported as a result of this disconnection.
These were distributed through distributors and direct gas stations as individual units and as part of hose kits from January 2013 to January 2017 for approximately $33. Those recalled have a MFG date printed on the end in a MM YY , MM-DD-YEAR or MM-YEAR format. The model is printed on the center body of the swivel connector. The following are included in the recall:
|241TPS-0241C (3/4 inch)||01-01-2013 through 03-12-2017|
|241TPS-0241 (3/4 inch)||01 13 through 03 17|
|36S (3/4 inch)||01-01-2013 through 03-12-2017|
|241-1000 (1 inch)||01 13 through 03 17|
|241-1000C (1 inch)||01-01-2013 through 03-12-2017|
|36S (1 inch)||01-2013 through 03-2017|
Those who have the affected connectors should disconnect the swivel connectors, and contact OPW for a free replacement. The hose and nozzle can be used without the swivel connector until the replacement is installed.
OPW toll-free at 866-562-5931 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.opwglobal.com and click on “Swivel Recall” for more information.
- Investigationinto Death of Drowned Toddler Leads to Marijuana Cultivation in Chino Hills Home - Wednesday, June 16th, 2021
- Lucerne Valley Hit-and-Run Collision Leaves 3 Girls Deceased and One Badly Injured - Monday, June 7th, 2021
- Perris Man Dies After Being Ejected from Motorcycle & Hit By Vehicle on 215 Freeway - Monday, June 7th, 2021
- gas-nozzel-recall: Photos provided by Consumer Product Safety Commission