SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. – One man was burned in a San Bernardino structure fire on Tuesday afternoon.
At around 1:33 p.m. San Bernardino County Firefighters responded to the reports of a fire with explosion at a home in the 400 block of 24th Street in the City of San Bernardino. Additional callers reported that there was a burn victim as firefighters were on their way to the location. A ground ambulance was called to the scene to provide medical aid to the victim. The first medic engine arrived within 4 minutes to find light smoke coming from the front door of the home. The burn victim was outside of the structure.
The firefightes treated the adult male who was suffering from significant burns to the face and extremities at the scene. Crews entered the home and began fighting the fire while searching for any other victims while containing the fire. “Quick knockdown of the fire was achieved with involvement limited to contents and no extension to the attic or other rooms of the home,” said San Bernardino County Fire Spokesman Jeremy Kern in a news release. “Crews then transitioned to salvage and overhaul operations.”
The fire was controlled in around 10 minutes. The victim was transported by ground ambulance to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center. No other injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Fire officials believe that the fire was caused by a flash fire from flammable liquids being used during construction in the home.
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Two Women Arrested in Connection to IRS Scam Calls - Friday, September 20th, 2019
- Mother in Court for Allegedly Killing Her Baby by Giving her Fentanyl - Friday, September 20th, 2019
- Walmart Halts Sales of E-Cigarettes in All Stores - Friday, September 20th, 2019