Several varieties of Sargento brand cheeses have been recalled due to the possible contamination of Listeria monocytogenes. The recall was prompted by a recall announced by a Sargento Foods Inc. supplier who is based in Middlebury, IN. The company notified Sargento Foods Inc, that the Longhorn Coby cheese supplied to them must be recalled due to the possible contamination. To date, no illnesses have been reported.
The recalled product was packaged at the Plymouth, Wisconsin facility. No other products are affected by the recall. The list below shows the products that are part of the recall. “Our valued consumers have been contacting us with their questions and concerns,” Sargento officials said. “We will continue to respond to our consumers and activate reimbursements.”
Please call 1-800-CHEESES (1-800-243-3737) or email us via the “Contact Us” page on Sargento.com. Phone calls will be answered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time); emails should get a response within 24 hours.
The recalled retail products include:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17”
Out of an abundance of caution, Sargento also recalled the following products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “F28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Authorities Need Help Locating 16-year-old Adelanto Runaway - Wednesday, May 5th, 2021
- Homicide Investigation Underway After Man Was Found Deceased in Victorville Home - Wednesday, April 14th, 2021
- Adelanto Man Dies in Car versus Golf Cart Collision - Tuesday, April 13th, 2021
- Sargento-Cheese-Recall: Photos by Sargento