ADELANTO – Two patients were airlifted after a traffic collision between a vehicle and semi-truck carrying an unknown hazardous material late Friday night.
At around 11:10 p.m. the CHP and the San Bernardino County Fire Department were dispatched to the traffic collision on Highway 395 just north of Shadow Mountain Road in Adelanto.
Upon arrival, they located a red Toyota Corolla under the trailer portion of the semi-truck. Two parties were trapped in the Corolla and required extended extrication with the assistance of a heavy rescue unit.
Highway 395 was closed in both directions near Vancouver Road to prepare for the air ambulances to land at the scene. Both patients were transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center one for the treatment of a major head injury and the second patient with unknown injuries.
There were no other injuries reported as a result of the collision. There was no leakage of the hazardous waste. The cause of the collision remains under investigation by the CHP. Just after 1:10 a.m. the vehicles were moved out of the lanes of traffic.
Latest posts by Christie Martin (see all)
- AB Miller High School Basketball Coach Arrested for Sexual Relationship with Minor - Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- San Bernardino County Issues Countywide Face Mask Order - Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
- Three Victorville Firefighters Quarantined After Responding to Possible COVID-19 Patient - Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
- Passenger Side View Toyota Corolla: Photo Courtesy of SB County Fire
- SB County Firefighters assisting injured: Photo Courtesy of SB County Fire
- Toyota Corolla Pinned under Tractor Trailer: Photo Courtesy of SB County Fire
- Rear view Toyota Corolla pinned under Tractor Trailer: Photo Courtesy of SB County Fire