Claire’s Stores Inc. announced on Tuesday, that they are voluntarily recalling three of their cosmetic products after they tested positive for asbestos.
The asbestos was found during FDA testing of Claire’s Eyeshadow, SKU #84716, Lot No. 08/17, Claire’s Compact Powder, SKU #83915, Lot No. 07/15, and Claire’s Contour Palette, SKU #40194, Lot No. 04/17. Although Claire’s has removed these products from their stores, consumers who have these should stop using them. Those who have already made purchases of any of the three products can return them for a store refund.
Asbestos is naturally occurring and many times is found near talc, which is used in many cosmetic products. “Asbestos is a known carcinogen and its health risks are well-documented,” FDA officials explained. “During talc mining, if talc mining sites are not selected carefully and steps are taken to purify the talc ore sufficiently, the talc may be contaminated with asbestos.” The FDA said that they are not aware of any adverse reactions associated with exposure to these Claire’s products.
Health care professionals and consumers are encouraged to report any adverse events potentially related to Claire’s Eye Shadow, Compact Powder, and Contour Palette to FDA’s MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program by:
- Completing and submitting the report online at MedWatch Online Voluntary Reporting Form
- Downloading and completing the form, then submitting it via fax at 1-800-FDA-0178
The FDA is advising consumers not to use any of the following products.For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Los Angeles County Facebook group, Riverside County Facebook group, Coachella Valley News group, US News group, Victor Valley/Inland Empire Facebook group. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter and Instagram!
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Man Arrested Buying $45k of Apple Laptops with Company Credit Card - Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
- Two Santa Monica Residents Arrested for Possession of Fentanyl & Cocaine for Sale - Wednesday, March 20th, 2019
- Marion “Pooch” Hall Sentenced for DUI with Toddler in His Lap - Wednesday, March 20th, 2019