APPLE VALLEY – A deputy and a civilian driver were transported to the hospital following a traffic collision on Saturday evening.
Dispatchers received multiple reports that a horse was running on the road northbound on Apple Valley Road in the southbound lanes of traffic. According to Deputy Greg Teplansky, several bystanders rounded up the horse and were waiting on the west corner of Apple Valley and Ottawa Roads for the deputy to respond.
The responding deputy was driving northbound on Apple Valley Road and made a left turn onto Ottawa Road. As he was making the left turn, a southbound traveling white pickup truck struck the patrol vehicle.
The impact sent both vehicles into the curb. Both occupants, the deputy and the driver of the pickup truck were transported to local hospitals for the complaint of pain and possible minor injuries. Southbound lanes of Apple Valley Road was closed between Yucca Loma and Ottawa Roads for an unknown duration.
- Pomona Man Arrested After Crashing into a Wall at the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station - Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
- Norwalk Deputies Are Attempting to Locate Fatal Hit and Run Suspect - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Cypress Man Arrested for Child Rape and Torturing Multiple Children - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Deputy-involved Collision: Gary Martin
- deputy–involved crash: Gary Martin