Riverside Transient on PRCS Arrested for Setting Fire to Mount Rubidoux

Riverside Transient on PRCS Arrested for Setting Fire to Mount Rubidoux

RIVERSIDE – An officer was injured while on a foot pursuit of a suspect witnessed setting small fires along the Mount Rubidoux mountainside on Thursday morning.

Officers from the Riverside Police Department and the Riverside Fire Department Arson Investigator responded to Mount Rubidoux at around 9:30 a.m. The patrol vehicle drove up the mountain, while Air1, the Riverside Police Department helicopter searched by air. Riverside Police officials said that Air1 spotted a subject that matched the suspect description and directed officers to his location. They attempted to make contact with the subject, but he fled down a steep embankment of the mountain. Ordering him to stop, the police officer and arson investigator followed as he continued to flee. Shortly after the officer gained custody of the suspect.

The officer injured his knee during the foot pursuit and due to a combination of the knee injury, the steep terrain, and distance from the walking path, the Riverside Fire Department Technical Rescue Team responded to remove the officer from the mountain so that he could be transported to the hospital. The officer was treated and later released from the hospital.

The suspect, Javon Strange, a 40-year-old Riverside area transient, who was on Post Release Community Supervision (PRCS) was arrested and booked into jail for arson, resisting arrest, and probation violations.

For late-breaking news, join 24/7 Headline News on our Facebook Newsgroups for Los Angeles County NewsRiverside County News, Adelanto NewsCoachella Valley News, U.S./World News, Victor Valley/Inland Empire News. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your Facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter and Instagram

Staff Writer

This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization