LOS ANGELES – Best known for her role as Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch, actress Florence Henderson became well-loved by fans all over the United States.
On Thursday, November 24, 2016, her manager, Kayla Pressman, confirmed her Thanksgiving day death. Henderson, 82, died of heart failure while in the company of her family at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in the City of Los Angeles.
Henderson did not let her age stop her from doing what she loved. She was a fan-favorite contestant on Dancing with the Stars in 2010.
Since dancing with the stars, Henderson had a talk show called The Florence Henderson Show, a well as a cooking show, Who’s Cooking with Florence Henderson. Both shows were featured on Retirement Living TV.
Henderson began her career in the early-50’s as a singer/actress on Broadway. Henderson then played her starring role, as Carol Brady on the Sherwood Schwartz show “The Brady Bunch” from September 26, 1969 to March 8, 1974. She played on numerous Brady reunion shows, including “A Very Brady Christmas”.
On November 21, 2016, Henderson made a public appearance on Dancing with the stars to support Maureen McCormick (TV daughter Marcia Brady) who is a contestant. Henderson is survived by four children; Barbara, Joseph, Robert, Lizzie and five grandchildren.
You are in my heart forever Florence💕 pic.twitter.com/PABCuPubA2
— Maureen McCormick (@MoMcCormick7) November 25, 2016
For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Los Angeles County Facebook group and/or our Inland Empire Facebook group. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter!
- Pomona Man Arrested After Crashing into a Wall at the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station - Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
- Norwalk Deputies Are Attempting to Locate Fatal Hit and Run Suspect - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Cypress Man Arrested for Child Rape and Torturing Multiple Children - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- The Brady Bunch Florence Henderson: Wikimedia Commons
- florence_henderson_-_2015_500_festival_-_stierch: Sarah Stierch