Detailed return instructions offer information for both in-store exchanges/returns and the complicated shipping-return process. When customers return their Galaxy Note7 through the mail they must first request special return shipping materials. In the box there are three smaller boxes; one with a fire retardant inner layer, gloves, an electronic antistatic bag, and special fire retardant tape.
The voluntary recall includes all original and replacement Galaxy Note7 devices sold or exchanged in the US prior to and following the original, September 15, 2016, recall. The decision to expand the recall to replace Galaxy Note7 devices came on October 10th after Samsung stopped the production, sale, and exchange of the product. Owners have the choice to either exchange for a different Samsung smartphone device or receive a refund.
“We appreciate the patience of our consumers, carrier and retail partners for carrying the burden during these challenging times,” says Tim Baxter, president and chief operating officer, Samsung Electronics America. “We are committed to doing everything we can to make this right.”
Through the U.S. Note7 Refund and Exchange Program, consumers can choose the following options beginning on October 13, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. ET:
- Up to a $100 total bill credit for a customer who exchanges a Note7 for another Samsung smartphone.
- A $25 total bill credit for a customer who exchanges a Note7 for a refund or other branded smartphone.
“Customers’ safety remains a top priority and we ask consumers with an original or replacement Galaxy Note7 to power down and take advantage of the remedies available,” adds Baxter.
- San Bernardino Man Charged with Homicide After Intentionally Hitting a Motorcyclist - Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
- Authorities Investigating a Home Invasion Robbery and Shooting in Pinon Hill - Wednesday, November 18th, 2020
- Fontana Parolee Arrested for Posing as Teen Boy to Communicate with Underage Girls - Wednesday, November 4th, 2020