UPDATE: (3:10 p.m.) Barstow police said that the area has been rendered safe and the Explosive Ordinance Disposal removed the suspicious materials. The road has been reopened.
BARSTOW – Barstow police are working on a possible explosive device in the 300 block of Williams Street Tuesday afternoon. Authorities said that Williams Street will be closed for the duration of the investigation. Citizens are asked to stay clear of the area until the area is rendered safe. Multiple units are at the scene, including K-9 units.
This is an active investigation, no other information is available at this time. Information will be updated as it becomes available. Please check back for updated information.
Latest posts by Christie Martin (see all)
- Barstow Man, 64, Arrested for Evading Police and Transportation of Methamphetamine - Tuesday, July 21st, 2020
- Victorville Transient Arrested for Motel Room Murder - Monday, July 20th, 2020
- Homicide Detectives Investigating Death of Woman - Sunday, July 19th, 2020
- 16473696_1907276532829610_1593699804099914094_n: Barstow Police Department
- explosive device: Barstow Police Department