VICTORVILLE – Two adults and five children are displaced following a fire at the corner of 5th and B Streets on Tuesday morning. According to San Bernardino County Fire Department public information officer Eric Sherwin, the fire at the single-story home was reported at around 10:15 a.m.
When firefighters arrived the home in the 15500 block of 5th Street the home was fully involved with smoke and flames showing. Firefighters aggressively attacked the fire using hose lines and vertical ventilation. A total of three fire engines, a truck, a chief officer and a fire investigator responded to the scene officials said.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. As of 11:00 a.m. the firefighters were still working on fully extinguishing the fire. The Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the residents. Animal control was requested at the scene to provide shelter for the residents now displaced pets. The cause of the fire remains under investigation at this time. This story is still developing and information will be updated as it is received.
UPDATE: Fire was reported to be knocked down at 11:04 a.m.
Latest posts by Christie Martin (see all)
- Hesperia Man, 24, Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography - Monday, November 2nd, 2020
- Upland Man Arrested for the Distribution of Child Pornography - Thursday, October 15th, 2020
- Pennsylvania Baby Dead After Being Raped by Her Father - Thursday, October 8th, 2020
- DSC01571: Photo by Gary Martin | 24/7 Headline News
- DSC01562: Photo by Gary Martin | 24/7 Headline News
- 5th Street fire: Gary Martin 24/7 Headline News
- DSC01552: Photo by Gary Martin | 24/7 Headline News
- 5th Street Fire: Photo by Gary Martin | 24/7 Headline News
- DSC01561: Photo by Gary Martin | 24/7 Headline News