UPDATE #2 (6:05 p.m.): As of 6:00 p.m. CHP has reopened one lane of the I-15 Northbound traffic.
UPDATE #1 (5:55 p.m.): Fire officials said that the fire is holding to 2 acres at this time.
VICTORVILLE – San Bernardino County Fire Firefighters are fighting a 2nd alarm fire near Mariposa Road and the Palmdale Road off ramp. At around 3:45 p.m. firefighters responded to a small spot fire. The dispatched request for additional firefighters was cancelled early on due to the small size 5’’X5’ size of the fire when firefighters arrived.
The fire quickly spread to approximately 2-3 acres due to medium to heavy fuels including winds. All lanes of the northbound I-15 North are closed between the La Mesa/Nisqualli Road offramp and Palmdale Road. Palmdale Road is closed in both directions from between east of Park Avenue to Greentree Boulevard. A portion of Valley Center Drive is also closed for an unknown duration. Closures of the roadways are due to the heavy smoke causing limited visibility. Southbound I-15 lanes remain open.
Commercial structures along the freeway area are threatened, fire officials said. Two helicopters with water-dropping capabilities are responding to the scene. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
[KGVID width=”400″ height=”230″]https://247headline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/13586033_251699071878152_322454842_n.mp4[/KGVID]
Latest posts by Christie Martin (see all)
- AB Miller High School Basketball Coach Arrested for Sexual Relationship with Minor - Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- San Bernardino County Issues Countywide Face Mask Order - Tuesday, April 7th, 2020
- Three Victorville Firefighters Quarantined After Responding to Possible COVID-19 Patient - Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
- 13537770_10209635915232062_526889892558016212_n: Terry Collins
- : San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
- Screenshot-2016-06-30-18.03.41: San Bernardino County Fire Dept.
- San Bernardino County Fire: San Bernardino County Fire