In order to reduce traffic-related deaths and injuries the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has provided the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department with an over $300,000 grant.
This grant will be used for a year-long program of special enforcements and traffic-related public awareness. “Years of research tell us that enforcement and education work best jointly to combat unsafe driving,” said OTS Director Rhonda Craft. “This grant brings both tactics together, with the Office of Traffic Safety and the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department working in concert to help keep the streets and highways safe across San Bernardino County and the state.”
The grant will be used in Rancho Cucamonga, Victorville and Hesperia Police Departments to keep the roadways safe, which will improve quality of life through education and enforcement.
Activities that the grant will fund include:
- Educational presentations
- DUI saturation patrols
- Bicycle and pedestrian safety enforcement
- Motorcycle safety enforcement
- Distracted driving enforcement
- Seat belt and child safety seat enforcement
- Speed, red light, and stop sign enforcement
- Warrant service operations targeting multiple DUI offenders
- Compilation of DUI “Hot Sheets,” identifying worst-of-the-worst DUI offenders
- Specialized DUI and drugged driving training such as Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST), Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE), and Drug Recognition Evaluator (DRE)
• Court “sting” operations to cite individuals driving from DUI court after ignoring their license suspension or revocation
For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Los Angeles County Facebook group, Riverside County Facebook group, Inland Empire Facebook group. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter!
- Investigationinto Death of Drowned Toddler Leads to Marijuana Cultivation in Chino Hills Home - Wednesday, June 16th, 2021
- Lucerne Valley Hit-and-Run Collision Leaves 3 Girls Deceased and One Badly Injured - Monday, June 7th, 2021
- Perris Man Dies After Being Ejected from Motorcycle & Hit By Vehicle on 215 Freeway - Monday, June 7th, 2021