PERRIS – Want to learn about History during an event that is jam packed with entertainment. You are in luck, the Iron Horse Family Steampunk Carnivale comes to the Orange Empire Railway Museum on Saturday, March 18, 2017, and Sunday, March 19, 2017. Attendees will celebrate the “future of the past” with fantasy and history paying homage to the Victorian Era, Edwardian science fiction and the Industrial Revolution.
With Victorian-flavored hip hop performed by Poplock Holmes and the magical medicine show of Dr. Solar. Activities and displays include:
- Steam locomotive and vintage trolley rides;
- Steampunk artisans displaying jewelry, handiworks and steam-driven contraptions and imaginative gadgets;
- Steampunk/Victorian era fashion show and costume contest;
- Steampunk panels and workshops;
- High Tea at the Fred Harvey Museum (extra $10 fee);
- Victorian age steam-powered car
- Children’s activities
Admission from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. is $15 for ages 12 and up, $10 ages 5 – 11, ages 4 and under are free. Members are admitted for $8 for 12 and up, 5 – 11 is $5, 4 and under are free.
Get more information by calling us at (951) 943-3020. Check the website www.oerm.org for the latest updates on the event, tickets and vendor applications. 24/7 Headline News readers will have the opportunity to win a FREE family 4-pack, join our Inland Empire/Victor Valley Facebook group for your chance to win. Winner will be announced on Saturday, March 11, 2017.
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Inmate Kills Child Rapist and Seriously Injures Another Inmate - Friday, January 17th, 2020
- CHP Officers Involved in High-Speed Pursuit on I-15, Driver gets Away - Friday, January 17th, 2020
- Victorville Fire Department Helps Pooch Remove His Stuck Head From Container - Thursday, January 16th, 2020