CAJON PASS – Southern California Edison officials reported on Thursday that they are responding to burn areas to assess the damage and make electrical-related repairs. Although Edison repair crews have over 300 power poles to repair and 967 customers without power, the goal is to have two primary locations repaired by Friday, officials said.
The 967 customers span from all areas from as far south as Rancho Cucamonga to as far north as Victorville. In addition to the poles, other Southern California Edison equipment including key transmission lines, sub-transmission lines, substations and distribution circuits continue to be threatened.
The time for restoration of services is still undetermined but Southern California Edison technicians are responding to areas of reduced threat to workers.
Power Outage and Wildfire Safety Tips
- If possible, stay away from areas severely impacted by the fire damage.
- If you see downed power lines, please call 911 and report it to the police and fire departments immediately. Never touch or try to move a downed power line.
- Check on the safety of family members and neighbors, especially those dependent on power for medical equipment.
- Do not rely on candles for lighting during a power outage because they pose a fire hazard; please use flashlights.
- Do not cook indoors with charcoal or other fossil fuels not meant for indoor use. They could create deadly fumes if used indoors.
- If you are without electrical service in your home or business, leave a light switch in the “on” position to serve as a signal that electrical service has been restored in your area.
- Turn off and unplug any unnecessary electrical equipment, especially sensitive electronic equipment.
- If you are using a generator, place it outdoors and plug individual appliances directly into it, using heavy-duty extension cords. Do not connect generators directly to household circuits. Doing so creates “backfeed,” which is extremely dangerous and could be fatal to repair crews.
- Rosamond Woman Arrested for Having Sex with a Minor - Thursday, January 21st, 2021
- Fontana Man Arrested for Sexual Abuse of Developmentally Disabled Woman & 13-Year-old Girl - Thursday, January 21st, 2021
- Two Hesperia Men Arrested for Burglary of Auto Salvage Business - Thursday, January 21st, 2021