RIVERSIDE – A Riverside family was fortunate that no one was injured and that their home was still habitable after their garage caught on fire Saturday night.
At around 10:30 p.m. the Riverside Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 1300 block of Arthur Avenue. When they arrived they found a garage fire that was already extinguished by the resident who used a garden hose. Although the fire was out, the structure was full of smoke and firefighters helped ventilate the residence. While at the home, firefighters also checked for extension into other areas of the home.
Upon inspection, the firefighters noticed that there were no working smoke detectors in the home. Two smoke detectors were given to residents of the home.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Although there was an approximate $50,000 loss, most of the home was saved and the home remained habitable. The cause of the fire was believed to be caused by clothing lying over a flood light in the garage.
For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Los Angeles County Facebook group and/or our Inland Empire Facebook group. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter!
- Pomona Man Arrested After Crashing into a Wall at the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station - Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
- Norwalk Deputies Are Attempting to Locate Fatal Hit and Run Suspect - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Cypress Man Arrested for Child Rape and Torturing Multiple Children - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021