HIGHLAND – A vehicle with a 2-year-old child was stolen from a liquor store near 9th Street and McKinley in the City of Highland on Tuesday. The father of the child, who was next to the vehicle, was horrified when the man jumped into the vehicle with his daughter still inside and fled the area.
The child’s father chased the vehicle as it fled a short distance before crashing. When the suspect reached the intersection of 9th Street and McKinley Avenue he collided with a second vehicle causing the stolen vehicle to overturn with the child inside. The child was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Witnesses were able to identify the suspect, later identified as 31-year-old Oscar Garfias, who was already on felony probation for grand theft auto. He was booked into the West Valley Detention Center where he is being held without bail for kidnapping, felony DUI, felony hit-and-run.
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Authorities Need Help to ID Rancho Cucamonga Arson Suspect - December 16, 2017
- Victorville Cracker Barrel Announces Upcoming Hiring Event - December 16, 2017
- Convicted Drunk Driver Hits and Kills Pedestrian on I-15 Freeway near Barstow - December 16, 2017
- Screenshot-2016-07-20-12.09.05: SBSD
- Stolen Vehicle following collision: SBCSD