UPDATE: On Wednesday, August 3, 2016, CHP Officer Matt Hunt verified that there are still no suspects either in or out of custody at this time.
PHELAN – A man and horse were struck by a white GMC pickup truck on Wilson Ranch near Lindero Road on Sunday night. At around 10:15 p.m. the driver of the truck, according to a witness attempted to pass a man who was riding a horse northbound on Wilson Ranch Road. The victim and the horse moved to the right side to allow the vehicle to pass.
In an apparent moved to scare the rider, the driver of the truck veered toward the rider and the horse hitting the horse with his vehicle. “The rider was ejected off of the horse and the horse flipped over the truck landing in the bed of the truck,” said CHP Officer Robert Grieve. “The horse then fell out of the truck approximately 500 feet down the road.”
The male victim, Robert Orosco, 29 of Phelan was transported to Desert Valley Hospital for the complaint of pain.The horse had cuts on his legs and the rear of his body but is expected to survive. The truck, believed to be a mid-90’s white GMC S15 or Sonoma fled the scene heading southbound on Wilson Ranch Road and left on Duncan Road. The truck should have front left side damage, damage to the hood and a broken window.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the CHP office at 760-241-1186.
- Pomona Man Arrested After Crashing into a Wall at the Adelanto Sheriff’s Station - Wednesday, September 1st, 2021
- Norwalk Deputies Are Attempting to Locate Fatal Hit and Run Suspect - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Cypress Man Arrested for Child Rape and Torturing Multiple Children - Tuesday, August 10th, 2021
- Horse and Man hit by truck.: Photo Courtesy of Shane Emfinger
- CHP Patrol Car: CHP-Inland Division