Dog Caught with His Head Stuck in the Trail Mix Jar

Dog Caught with His Head Stuck in the Trail Mix Jar

Share this:

HIGHLAND – Most have heard of someone getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar, but this pooch could not resist the yummy goodness of his owner’s trail mix getting his head stuck in the trail mix jar.

Just before noon on Thursday, the male dog was home with his owners when he got a hard plastic jar with trail mix off of the table. He stuck his head in the jar to eat it but he was unable to get his head out.  Soon after, his owners walked into the room to find their dog with the jar stuck on his head. They attempted to take it off of him but the jar would not budge.

The Highland couple rushed their dog into the fire station on Base Line seeking help. The firefighters could not believe what they saw but went straight into action to free the dog.

“First, they cut the bottom out to help him breathe,” said Highland Station Spokeswoman, Liz Brown. “Then slowly using trauma shears they cut the rest off of his head and neck.”

The male dog was freed and suffered no injuries. “Once the doggie was free he was wagging his tail and the owners were very appreciative,” added Brown.

So, although stealing the trail mix was a win for this furry patient, not getting caught was an epic fail.


For late-breaking news, follow 24/7 Headline News on our Facebook group and Facebook Fan Page. Also, follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter!

For late-breaking news, join 24/7 Headline News on our Facebook Newsgroups for Los Angeles County NewsRiverside County News, Adelanto NewsCoachella Valley News, U.S./World News, Victor Valley/Inland Empire News. If you like what we are doing and want regular updates on your Facebook stream like our Facebook Fan Page. You may also follow 24/7 Headline News on Twitter and Instagram

Follow Me

Image Sources:

  • : Photo Courtesy of CAL FIRE BDU
Share this: