PHELAN – The Mobile Vietnam Memorial Wall will be coming to the Phelan Community Park, located at 4128 Warbler Road from May 25th to May 29th. The wall will be open 24 hours a day from 5 p.m. on the 25th to 8 a.m. on the 29th. A Memorial ceremony is planned for May 28th at 10 a.m.
The wall is a 53-foot trailer acts as a mobile education center, featuring a timeline of “The War and The Wall”.
- Hometown Heroes – Photos of service members on The Wall who list their home of record from the local area. The photos are part of the effort to put a face to every name on The Wall and for the Wall of Faces.
- Map of Vietnam
- In Memory Honor Roll – Photos of local Vietnam veterans honored through VVMF’s In Memory program which honors veterans who returned home and later died of Vietnam-related illnesses.
- A display of items representative of those left at The Wall in Washington, D.C. in remembrance of those on The Wall.
- Digital kiosk allows visitors to search for names using VVMF’s Wall of Faces.
- Two paper directories allow for names to be found alphabetically.
- The Gold Star Bike – Donated to VVMF by the American Gold Star Mothers in 2012, the bike is a Softail Custom Harley that pays tribute to the mothers who lost sons to the Vietnam War.
This article was written by a staff member of the 24/7 Headline News Organization
Latest posts by Staff Writer (see all)
- Bus Driver Killed in Crash in School Parking Lot - Friday, December 14th, 2018
- Adelanto Youth Seek Support From New Council to Protect Kids from Tobacco - Friday, December 14th, 2018
- Corona Woman & Teen Male Arrested for Murder of Baby Found Near 15 freeway - Thursday, December 13th, 2018